Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Whatsoever Things Are Beautiful

Let the lifting  up of my hands be an evening sacrifice. - Ps 141


O Heavenly King, the Comforter, the Spirit of truth, You are everywhere present and fillest all things. Treasury of blessings and Giver of LIFE: come and abide in us, and cleanse us from every impurity, and save our souls, O Good One!

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
For Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory (+) of the Father,  (+) and of the Son, (+) and of the Holy Spirit now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen. 

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of thy compassions blot out my transgression. 
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 
For I am conscious of mine iniquity; and my sin is continually before me. 
Against thee only have I sinned, and done evil before thee: that thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. 
For, behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother conceive me. 
For, behold, thou lovest truth: thou hast manifested to me the secret and hidden things of thy wisdom. 
Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be purified: thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. 
Thou shalt cause me to hear gladness and joy: the afflicted bones shall rejoice. 
Turn away thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit in my inward parts. 
Cast me not away from thy presence; and remove not thy holy Spirit from me. 
Restore to me the joy of thy salvation: establish me with thy directing Spirit. 
Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and ungodly men shall turn to thee. 
Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation: and my tongue shall joyfully declare thy righteousness. 
O Lord, thou shalt open my lips; and my mouth shall declare thy praise. 
For if thou desiredst sacrifice, I would have given it: thou wilt not take pleasure in whole-burnt-offerings. 
Sacrifice to God is a broken spirit: a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. 
Do good, O Lord, to Sion in thy good pleasure; and let the walls of Jerusalem be built. 
Then shalt thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, offering, and whole-burnt-sacrifices: then shall they offer calves upon thine altar. 




Unto thee who dwellest in heaven have I lifted up mine eyes. 
Behold, as the eyes of servants are directed to the hands of their masters, and as the eyes of a maidservant to the hands of her mistress; so our eyes are directed to the Lord our God, until he have mercy upon us. 
Have pity upon us, O Lord, have pity upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. 
Yea, our soul has been exceedingly filled with it: let the reproach be to them that are at ease, and contempt to the proud. 


O Lord, I have cried to thee; hear me: attend to the voice of my supplication, when I cry to thee. 
Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment